The UdyamBandhu Institution (“UdyamBandhu,” “we,” or “us”) intends to maintain an affirmative commitment to the proposed Indian Personal Data Protection Act 2018 as soon as it comes into effect.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information collected through the Web site, through your use of the Product, through our marketing activities and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the below policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Web site or register to use the Product through our Web site.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
UdyamBandhu acts as a “data controller” when it collects personal information from: (i) visitors to UdyamBandhu’s publicly available Web site; (ii) customers when our Customers register to use the Product through the Web site; and (iii) when we receive personal information from you related to our marketing activities.
2.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide to UdyamBandhu:
- • To access and use the Product, you are required to register for an account with us. When you register for an account, you may provide personal information to us, including first and last name, email address, company name, telephone number, physical address, username and password.
- • You provide to UdyamBandhu your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Web site, such as when you contact us for a demo or request an academic license. This personal information may include: first and last name, role (job title), industry, company name, job title, email address, and the content of any request or feedback you submit.
- • You may also share personal information with us through our Web site when you sign up to receive our Viz of the Day, subscribe to data updates, and request to download an Industry Data Brief. Information We Collect Automatically:
- • The data automatically collected from cookies and web beacons may include information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and details of your visits to our Web site, including traffic data, location data and logs, page views, length of visit and Web site navigation paths as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address and how you interact with our Product. We collect this data to help us improve our Web site, the Product and the user experience with our Web site and Product.
- • UdyamBandhu does not support currently the Do Not Track signals set by your browser because there is as yet no industry or legal standard for Do Not Track signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform Web sites that you do not want to be tracked.
- • The information we collect automatically may also include statistical and performance information arising from our Customers’ use of our Product and Visitors to our Web site. This type of data is only used by us in an aggregated and anonymized manner.
- • Data you voluntarily submit during use of our Products and applications to improve user experience, including submissions to Listings and Talent Pool section, are used to respond to your requests for assistance and by our machine learning tools.
2.2 How UdyamBandhu Uses Your Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information, to respond to a request from you and/or carry out a contract with you, to carry out our legal obligations, and to provide you with notices and for other purposes with your consent, as described below.
- • We use the personal information you provide to us when you fill in forms on our Web site to respond to your requests and feedback and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
- • We may use your personal information to provide the Product to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Web site, the Product or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this personal information is in the performance of our contract to provide the Product or other services to you.
- • We also use the personal information you provide to us for the purpose of operating our Web site, ensuring the security and integrity of our Web site and Product, and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our Web site and Product.
- • For data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our Web site and Product, we use this information for analyzing the use of the Web site and Product to improve the quality and design of our Web site and the user experience with our Web site and Product. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with the best possible user experience.
- • We may use the personal information you provide to us when you register on UdyamBandhu.com or download a Data Brief for the purpose of offering, marketing, and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
3. WHEN UDYAMBANDHU DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us as described below. UdyamBandhu does not share or sell your personal information with any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
• We may share your personal data and information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to a court order, subpoena or a government request (such as a search warrant). If a government requests or other legal process requires UdyamBandhu to disclose your personal data, then UdyamBandhu will use reasonable efforts to provide you with prior notification of the disclosure unless prohibited by law.
• UdyamBandhu also reserves the right to disclose your personal data that UdyamBandhu believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) enforce our agreements and policies, including for billing and collection purposes, (ii) protect the security or integrity of the Web site or UdyamBandhu’s products and services; or (iii) protect or defend UdyamBandhu’s legal rights.
• If UdyamBandhu sells all or part of its business, or makes a sale or transfer of assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, UdyamBandhu may transfer your personal information and non-personal information to one or more third parties as part of such transaction.
• UdyamBandhu may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
4. CUSTOMER END USER DATA
While UdyamBandhu recognizes that an individual has the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, UdyamBandhu does not have a relationship with the Customer End Users but rather only with our Customers. If you are a Customer End User and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, contact the Customer directly and UdyamBandhu will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our Customer.
UdyamBandhu only retains the Customer End User Data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary to provide the Product to our Customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreement.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The data servers UdyamBandhu uses to provide the Web site and Product are located in INDIA . By interacting with the Web site or using the Product, you understand that your personal data will be transferred to INDIA and you consent to such transfer.
Back up servers used by UdyamBandhu do not receive any personal information.
For the actions of third party agents UdyamBandhu engages to process data on our behalf, UdyamBandhu remains responsible and liable under the In dian Personal Data Protection Act, 2018 if a third party agent processes the personal data in a manner inconsistent with the proposed Indian Personal Data Protection Act, 2018, unless UdyamBandhu proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
6. OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
UdyamBandhu uses commercially reasonable, industry standard physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is also encrypted and stored on our secured servers behind firewalls.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other information used by you to access the Web site or use the Product.
While UdyamBandhu does its best to protect your personal data, UdyamBandhu cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Web site because the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your personal information is done at your own risk and UdyamBandhu cannot guarantee that such personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If UdyamBandhu learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. UdyamBandhu may post a notice on the Web site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
7. HOW YOU CAN CONTROL THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT, USE, AND SHARE
You have the choice about whether to disclose your personal information or other information about yourself to UdyamBandhu. Regardless of your choices with respect to promotional communications and updates regarding content, UdyamBandhu may send you administrative messages, service announcements, terms and conditions of your account, or other similar communications, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us. Please note we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You may request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
As part of our commitment to the proposed Indian Personal Data Protection Act, 2018, as soon as it comes into effect, if you are an ordinary resident of INDIA and you have a privacy or data use concern, please contact UdyamBandhu directly at privacy@UdyamBandhu.com or the address below under 9. Contact Us and UdyamBandhu will use its best efforts to address your concern within 45 days of receipt of your complaint.
9. CONTACT US
More About Cookies
What types of cookies are used by UdyamBandhu?
Below is a list of the types of cookies and third party service providers currently used by UdyamBandhu but may not include all cookies or third party service providers. In addition, the below list of cookies and third party service providers is subject to change at any time.
UdyamBandhu. We use our own products and services to analyze the user behavior within our Web site and our own products and services, to save user preferences, and to support authentication of users. Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Web site. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, see https://policies.google.com/privacy. Advertising
LinkedIn. We use LinkedIn to track conversions and Web site visits from our advertisements displayed on LinkedIn. For more information about LinkedIn’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Facebook. We use Facebook to track conversions and Web site visits from our advertisements displayed on Facebook. For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/213802165366955.
Google Ads.We use Google Ads to track conversions and Web site visits from our advertisements displayed on Google Ad Network. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, please see: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-IN&fg=1